Kindergarten Registration will take place at all Elementary Schools on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 from 3:30 pm – 7:00 pmRequirements for Kindergarten registration
- Must be 5 years of age by August 1 - Please contact your building principal for the early appeals process if you are interested in enrolling a student who does not meet the minimum age requirement.
- Completed Kindergarten enrollment form
- Original birth certificate and social security card
- Health and immunization - kindergarten, completed by your doctor
- Residency affidavit along with a current proof of residency with name and address printed on it (utility bill, check, lease, etc.)
Children entering kindergarten come to school at many stages of development. Franklin Community Schools screen all students entering kindergarten through a program called Pre-KIDS (Pre-Kindergarten Inventory of Demonstrated Skills). This developmentally appropriate screening tool detects strengths and weaknesses in six areas. The areas are: oral language, letter knowledge, phonemic awareness, fine motor, visual and auditory memory, number sense and other math concepts.
Information regarding specific screening times will be provided at registration.
Minimum requirements for children enrolled in Kindergarten
- 5 doses of DTP
- 4 doses of Polio
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B
- 2 doses of MMR
- 2 doses of Varicella - The varicella vaccine is not required if your child has had the chicken pox disease, however, a statement from your physician must be submitted verifying month and year of the disease.
Children entering kindergarten are encouraged to demonstrate success is these skills
Children entering first grade are expected to demonstrate mastery these Indiana State standards in language and math